Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

                                                                       Photo Credit

Father's Day. A day when we honor fathers and celebrate how they influence society and make a difference in the lives of others.

I think about my dad and the knowledge I've gained from him. For all I have learned, I am grateful. I also think of the spiritual dads in my life. Those who didn't play a part in raising me, but the ones who came in and guided spiritually when I became much older. Not one is more important than the other, and no one replaces the perfect love and guidance my Father in heaven gives so freely. Each are specifically gifted in unique ways to fulfill their calling God has placed on their lives.

Thoughts flood my mind about how fortunate I am that I grew up in a house with two parents; where prayer and Godly teaching was a part of daily life. How many do not experience this..... for them my heart aches. Thank you, God, that you are the father to the fatherless. Be with those today who do not have the guidance of a dad.

I love how God specifically made men with characteristics to do His work here on earth. The strength they have, the boldness, courage, and yet tenderness for the least of these is awe inspiring to watch in action. So many lessons about humbleness, strength, and even life in general can be learned just by watching a Godly man in action.

To my dad, spiritual dads, and mentors: thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment